1. Join us for a rally on Saturday March 19th
Stand with Planned Parenthood on Saturday, March 19th at a rally on Boston Common, from 12 - 1 p.m. We need to create a visible show of support for Planned Parenthood, and inform the public about the critical health services that are at stake. Please bring your friends and family to the Common’s Parkman Bandstand and make your voices heard. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. Call Senator Brown and ask for his support
We still don't know how Senator Brown will ultimately vote on Planned Parenthood’s funding and Title X. We saw the tremendous power of grassroots activism when Representative Lynch spoke out on behalf of Planned Parenthood during the House vote after receiving floods of calls and emails from supporters like you. With your calls, you could have the same impact on Senator Brown.
Please call Senator Brown today at (617) 565-3170. Here are some talking points for your call:
* As you know, federal funding is already prohibited from being spent on abortion. Stripping Planned Parenthood of its federal dollars would eliminate critical family planning and preventive care.
* We're also concerned about the deficit. But family planning programs are a wise investment that ultimately saves taxpayers money. For every public dollar invested in family planning, $3.74 is saved in Medicaid-related costs.
* I hope you'll Stand with Planned Parenthood at the rally on Boston Common on March 19th at noon.