Having problems setting up your external hard drive with your Mac? A search for answers to "the underlying task reported failure on exit" leads one on a wild Google chase through useless Apple support documents, unnecessary Terminal command lines that return "bad super block: magic number wrong," and complicated Unix forum threads. It's enough to drive one mad, but the solution is surprisingly simple.
Bad Super Block? We've Got the Magic Number to Prepare Your External HD for Mac
One Laptop Per Child: A Project That Labor Could Turn Around for the Better
Note: this piece originally ran earlier this week at the Community or Die labor technology blog - for an audience of union leaders and union technology staff people.
ArsTechnica, one of my favorite tech news sites, has been reporting for some months now that the much-hyped One Laptop Per Child project has fallen on hard times. This is interesting news for labor techies ... although a little background is in order to explain why.
Please check out these other articles of interest ...
- Bad Super Block? We've Got the Magic Number to Prepare Your External HD for Mac
- One Laptop Per Child: A Project That Labor Could Turn Around for the Better
- Add New Gestures to Magic Mouse with Two Free Utilities
- On the Fall Community Technology Conference Trail from Boston to New York City
- Apple Lost an Opportunity to Innovate with Magic Mouse